|17 Oct 2023|
The Harrison & Harrison Organ, in the Chapel of St John the Baptist, was built in 1925 and is dedicated to the 289 Old Rossallians who lost their lives in the First World War.
The Organ has, unfortunately, fallen into a state of disrepair over the years and it is in desperate need of a major overhaul to secure its very being for years to come. The Rossall Foundation is really proud that due to the generosity of a number of ORs we are able to assist the School with this project and help secure a historic facility that has always been at the heart of the School. The Foundation would like to thank these donors and also Alf Tansey (Fleur de Lys 49-54), without whose dedication and support this project would not be taking place.
The Rossall Foundation is very pleased to announce that the work to the Chapel Organ has commenced as of October and is being undertaken by Organ experts, Harrison & Harrison. They have already dismantled the organ and taken the parts back to their workshop in Durham, where they will continue to work on restoring our beloved Organ. Harrison & Harrison will then return to school and rebuild the Organ with the work due to finish at the end of March 2024.
Owen Woods, from Harrison & Harrison attended our Future Heritage launch day and gave a fantastic talk about the history of the Organ and the planned work that will take place. We are very much looking forward to this work being completed and will be holding a celebratory event following the completion of the work. Look out for details of the event on Rossallians Online in the coming months
To view this News Article